INFRARED CATALYTIC RADIANT HEATERS
Infragas® catalytic emitters combine High Technology with low working costs, treatment speed and compact ovens.
Infragas® infrared catalytic gas heaters emit heat through infrared rays and operate with catalytic gas oxidation in total absence of flame. They are innovative systems for pre-heating treatments, curing, drying in the most varied industrial sectors, from liquid and powder coating curing to textile treatments, wood sector (MDF & HDF), glass sector and wherever it is necessary a surface thermal process.
Infragas® catalytic radiant heaters are available in the following typologies:
• INFRACAT®, infrared catalytic gas heaters
• BOOSTERCAT®, powered infrared catalytic gas heaters.
- equipped with a highly efficient catalyst (quick start-up: 10 minutes!) with reduced electrical power in the pre-heating phase
- surface temperature capable of being modulated from 180°C (356°F) to 650°C (1202°F)
- flameless: usable in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX and FM certification)
- designed, made and checked according to the International Quality Standard ISO 9001.
- 24 different models to suit any application
- working with Natural Gas or Propane
- made in stainless steel – strength, long life and reliability
- compact: high power density, less space
- they can be installed in horizontal, vertical or inclined position
Our continuous research is oriented to satisfy customer’s expectations with performing, innovative and safe THERMAL SOLUTIONS.
- SOLVENT-BASED AND WATER-BASED PAINT DRYING
- POWDER COATING JELLYING (melting)
- POWDER COATING CURING (complete treatment)
- INSULATION PAINT DRYING ON ELECTRICAL CABLES
- GLASS PAINT DRYING (e.g. decoration, mirroring process)
- TEXTILE TREATMENT (e.g. silk screen printing, thermosetting, woven-no-woven fabrics finishing)
- DRYING PRE-TREATMENT FOR SUBSEQUENT PROCESSES (e.g. sandblasting)
- INK DRYING ON PAPER OR OTHER SUBSTRATES
- THERMAL STABILIZATION OF ORGANIC PRODUCTS
- THERMOPLASTIC TREATMENT
- OIL & GAS APPLICATIONS (hoses, working sites and instruments heating in petrochemical sector).
- WOOD INDUSTRY (e.g. paint drying on MDF and HDF
- FOOD INDUSTRY (e.g. baking, vegetal products dehydration)
9 ADVANTAGES WITH INFRAGAS® INFRARED CATALYTIC HEATERS
HIGH QUALITY RESULTS
• The nearly total absence of air movement reduces possible contamination of the treated surface
• No coating scaling, no wrinkles or bubbles (as in case of liquid paint curing)
• Homogeneous high quality finishing
In case of coating drying with traditional convection systems working with hot air, it is necessary to pre-heat the external part and then to heat the innermost part of the item. Therefore, in evaporation phase from inside to outside, humidity and vapors must cross the surface layer that had been already heated before and had formed a coating film: the result with the traditional system is a not homogeneous effect, called “bubbling effect”.
Whereas the infrared radiation concentrates on the innermost coating layers and then the heat goes back to surface: the result is an extremely homogeneous finishing, without defects, as infrared waves penetrate the paint surface and heat the coating layer leaving the external surface porous enough to let solvents and water to get out before surface curing. The right choice also in thermal processes that require high quality aesthetical finishing.
10 minutes: pre-heating phase made with an electrical element in order to reach the necessary temperature for the catalytic reaction. The start-up in 10 minutes is absolutely the fastest compared with all catalytic IR systems present in the international market considering equal electric power engaged in the pre-heating phase.
Compact ovens – ovens built with IR INFRAGAS® catalytic systems require less space for installation: power being equal, infrared Infragas systems occupy 1/3 of the space compared to traditional convection systems.
IR radiation direct onto the object – the ambient is not heated, infrared rays focus only on the item to be treated (high power density). Space and energy saving.
By modulating the gas flow rate, the radiant surface temperature ranges from 180°C (356°F) to 650°C (1202°F).
SWIFT COOL DOWN
Infrared medium/long waves of the catalytic heaters are focused on the item to be treated, therefore only the surfaces hit by radiation have to cool down and not all the mass of the treated item, not the surrounds, as compared with hot air traditional convection systems.
The catalyst is able to decompose solvents, alcohols and generally VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) without burning: as a consequence, it occurs a reduction of the atmospheric pollution and odour abatement in the working area.
OPERATION IN POTENTIALLY EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES
Thanks to catalytic technology based on combustion without flame, Infragas radiant panels are usable in spray-booths and where the presence of flammable solvents does not allow the use of the open flame types (INFRAGAS® = FM and ATEX certifications for potentially explosive atmospheres).
Gas as primary source of energy is more economic than electricity. Moreover, IR radiation concentrates on the item to be treated: as a consequence, catalytic IR systems involve quicker treatments with low costs.